Manufacturing companies need a website that displays their technological knowledge so prospects can be encouraged to contact them. Even if they are updating their existing sites or creating a new website, the following tips will make their website become a powerful marketing tool.
1. Strengthen Brand Reputation
Businesses come in contact with their customers through their website therefore, it should communicate their technological proficiency, experience and skill. A business looks more professional with a web design that is simple, streamlined and aesthetically pleasing. On the other hand, a cluttered web design that is difficult to navigate looks unprofessional. An updated website can strengthen their brand impression and instantly convey the quality of their company. The factors that communicate sophistication include:
- clean, professional logo;
- modern layout that is user-friendly and on-brand;
- huge, eye-catching images;
- value-based messaging about services;
- logos for certificates, awards, associations or partners;
2. Use Easy Search and Navigation
When it comes to manufacturer web design, it should be easy for visitors to search for products and browse their capabilities. Service-based and capability manufacturers should opt for services pages that are easy to find, well-written and arranged logically in terms of industry, application or material. When it comes to their capability pages, they should list details like:
- Drawing formats accepted;
- Industries served;
Companies that sell products should see to it that they have thoughtful product categories and make is easy for prospects to scroll down to specific options. If they offer a wide range of products, users should be able to search it easily by keyword and part number/SKUs, among other key factors. Another tip related to web design for manufacturers: having a page for each product would be great for SEO.
3. Communicate with the Target Audience
Adding well-written, relevant content that communicates with the their target audience for potential customers who are evaluating several companies will make the company stand out from the rest of the competition. Capability and product pages are meant to be read by the target audience:
- If their prime audience are engineers, they should include details to help them know that what they are looking for is right here in this website.
- If purchasing managers land on their website, they should use the right keywords to ensure the sale.
- When they have identified their audience, they should generate content that addresses their needs, include information like product quality, turnaround times, processing accuracy, lead times, customer rejection rates and shipping, to name a few.
4. Make the Next Step a No-Brainer
When potential customers go over their website, they go a step further to contact the manufacturer’s sales team. To make this process simple, there should be a strategic CTA on every page. It is best to use action phrases like “Order Replacement Part”, “Submit a Request” or “Request a Quote” to convey what the user will do nest.
It is good to remember that people often prefer to talk to a real human. So, contact details like a contact number, especially a cell phone number should be displayed on the header and footer.